Saturday, December 1, 2012

Post-NaNo Post

Now that NaNoWriMo is over, I'm trying to decide what to work on next. In a week or so I'll wake up with this FANTASTIC idea, one I just have to write, but for now my brain is rather drippy and gray and slow, like the day outside.

What I should do is go back to some of the many unfinished stories that have been patiently waiting for me, but at the moment I'm perfectly content to sit here and listen to the rain.

What I should do is go visit all the blog-friends I've been neglecting for two months (or my offline friends--what a concept!), but that will wait a little longer.

What I should do is laundry, or dishes, or feed the cat. Something constructive, is the phrase, but I don't feel like being constructive.

I feel like watching the snow (which is actually rain--in December!!!) in front of a hot fire, with my feet curled up in a warm blanket, with my cat on my lap. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. So I will take what is offered and watch the rain.



Oh, on a side note, I came up with the perfect sentence the other day! "His verbosity obfuscates his intended rhetorical signification."

I'm still laughing.




Remember the 50 Followers Contest! Any of my followers can be entered. Simply comment stating that you have a book you'd like me to evaluate. I will choose one entry at the end of December for a free HalfWorld Evaluation.

2 comments:

  1. You've earned a respite. Enjoy it. If it makes you feel guilty, then perhaps you can assign that to your next character... ;-)

    ReplyDelete